Balance & Fall Prevention
How To Improve Your Balance
And Get Rid of Wobbly Legs
So You Can Avoid Another Fall!
Don't suffer any longer!
If you’ve ever lost your balance and taken a tumble - it's very tempting to think that it's nothing, that it was just a “one time thing”. Or, you pass it off as being distracted, or tired, or even blame it on your dog (poor Fido!)…
There's no obvious reason why it happened, but you can’t help but wonder if there’s something more going on.
If that's happening to you, you're not alone.
We hear this type of thing all the time.
And when it comes to life after a fall, everyone we see wants to know...
Why Did I Fall?
Why Am I Still Struggling With Balance Issues
and Wobbly Legs Even When I Stay Active?
Most people think that when they have weak legs
and poor balance, it's “not that bad”.
They hope they'll wake up one morning and like "magic",
it'll be as if the fall or “close call” never happened...
But then 6 months later you’re still feeling unsteady...
often even worse than when you had your first fall.
Does This Sound Like You?
we see all the time in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to their doctor, and the doctor tells them to "just stay active” and “make sure you exercise”.
While this is well-intentioned advice, often 1 or 2 months later they end up having another fall even though they started walking or did some fitness classes at the gym.
Worse, they're often then told that starting to consider safety proofing their homes and restricting activity to “be more careful” and they’re presented as the only options.
This is madness and explains why so many people are continuing to suffer poor balance and wobbly, weak legs.
Has This Type of Thing
Happened to You?
Well, it's easy to get confused because you've been told different things by different people. There's lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
If you don't know what you're doing - regaining your balance can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as "part of life" - as if it's normal, and "just the way it is now."
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently
Living With Bad Balance & Wobby Legs:
Here are 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on its own - but it didn’t
- You tried other healthcare professionals, another physical therapist, or a chiropractor in the past, but nothing seemed to help
- A family member or friend told you that everybody has Bad Balance as they get older and it’s just part of aging, so you accepted it as your “new normal”
- You tried YouTube exercises but they were hard to follow along to and confusing
- You thought it would be a good idea to just avoid precarious situations, but all that did was make you feel weaker and more wobbly
If any of those have happened to you, we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk to one of our physical therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you've tried any or all of these things is a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn't work, you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best possible outcome.
What Can I Do To
Get Rid of My Balance Problems
- First Off, You Need to Start by Making a Decision About Getting Help - The wait IS what causes most people to fall into the longer lasting weakness and balance issues. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that their balance issues will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
- Do The Right Exercises - One of the best things to help you improve your balance is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises carefully selected and given to you by a specialist physical therapist. The correct exercises will help you get stronger and allow you to move with confidence again quickly - while making sure that the problems don't come back anytime soon.
- Avoid Sitting And Long Periods of Rest - One of the worst things you can do that adds to weakness and bad balance is sitting too long and being inactive. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening and balance exercises based on your situation, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get Real, Customized Physical Therapy Treatment – Physio or Physical therapy is proven to help people with bad balance and wobbly legs. In fact, bad balance and wobbly legs that have led to a fall is one of the most common things we see at Natural Fit Therapy. If your bad balance is affecting your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - physical therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you are interested in knowing how the Physical Therapy Team at Natural Fit Therapy (located in North Austin) can help you improve your balance and confidence to return to your active life, we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This free discovery visit is something we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them and want to make sure we are a good fit before any commitments are made. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist At Natural Fit Therapy Help You
Balance & Confidence -
In The Next Few Days?
- We can help you reduce any pain you’re having from your fall - often within just a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out why you’re having issues with your balance, and why your previous treatments failed to address the real issue
- We can find and address the ROOT CAUSE - so you don’t have another fall!
- We can help you be able to play golf, travel with confidence, get back to being more active, and enjoy time with your family
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you stay out of the doctor's office
Basically, the team at Natural Fit Therapy can help you get back to living a life free from bad balance, wobbly legs, and the fear of falling again.
If you want to know what it costs, and what availability we have at our physical therapy clinic in Austin, we invite you to inquire below by clicking the button and filling out the short form:
“I was fortunate enough to come in contact with Natural Fit Therapy, and talk to them about my problems, and what I needed to do. We started a physical therapy regimen which helped me to move from the wheelchair to the walker, and then to the cane, and then eventually I was able to walk without any assistance.”
“I couldn't get my legs to strengthen. They just wouldn't strengthen up like when we do these calf exercises and everything. It's just ... I mean, it didn't take long for me to tell the difference from what they were and I was telling my son, I said, ‘That's the first time that my legs have been strong in several years.’ I said, ‘I didn't think there was any remedy for it.’”
“I wanted to be taller again. I wanted to be my height again, and I wanted to get out of bed without a backache, and I wanted to just get out of bed without help. Now I just swing my feet off the bed, pop right up, and my back is so much better.”