LAST UPDATED: 11/25/2020 12:00 PM
At Natural Fit Therapy our mission is to help people to stay healthy, active and independent. As essential Health Care providers we are still open. We are taking extreme measures to prevent the spread of the virus including wearing protective masks and gloves, taking staff and clients temperatures and vigorously cleaning all of our equipment. It is vital that you maintain your strength and balance during this time and prevent any loss to your independence. Not to mention back and knee pain don’t go away just because the Coronavirus is here.
Here is a description of the extreme measures we are taking for your safety. All patients are being screened prior to arrival with the following questions:
We’re doing everything we can here to keep our patients and staff safe from COVID-19. Please notify your physical therapist or a staff member if any of the following applies to you:
- You’re displaying symptoms such as: fever, cough, or shortness of breath *These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure*
- You’ve traveled on a plane in the last 2 weeks
- Someone you have been in contact with has displayed symptoms or is suspected to have been exposed to someone else who has the virus
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Blueish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning*
If you have any questions or concerns about our clinic, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- All staff and clients are being screened for temperature. If they display a temperature of 100 or more without known cause they are escorted out of the building immediately
- Any staff members displaying symptoms (Fever, coughing, or other flu like symptoms) are required to stay home.
- Any clients/ members displaying symptoms (Fever, coughing, or other flu like symptoms) Are being asked to stay at home
- All staff are required to wash their hands often. (Before, and after treatment)
- All clients are asked to immediately wash hands upon arrival or use hand sanitizer
- All staff and clients are encouraged to not touch their face
- All equipment is vigorously cleaned and disinfected between appointments
- Natural Fit Therapy is already a low volume clinic and only sees 1 client per hour per therapist. Before COVID19 there was already very little exposure. However we have increased our safety measures to allow only 1 therapist and 1 office support personnel to be in the clinic at one time with a client.
- All staff are required to keep 6ft of social distance between each other and with clients
- For treatments that require the therapist to be within 6ft distance- they are wearing a N95 mask and gloves for extra protection for you
- All therapists are wearing gloves during sessions and changing between appointments
- We are requiring all patients who enter to wear a mask and socially distance
- Anyone with an appointment must call our clinic before they enter, to ensure there's not too many people in the clinic waiting room at one time
I know everyone is very nervous and worried during these uncertain times, however I want you to take a second and think about the near future for a second. What do you love to do? Is it walking, shopping with family, tennis or golf? What if you weren’t able to do those things in a few months once this all clears up? Whatever option you chose, make sure you do something. If we spend these weeks or month sitting all day watching the news or your favorite soap opera replays, then we are going to lose strength and independence. Where do you want to be when this all blows over? What do you want to be able to do when this is all over? Don’t be one of the 1000s of people that in 3 months wish they would have done something more to stay healthy, active and independent.
If you have any question about how you can stay healthy active and independent during these time please call us at (512) 730-0231 and we can have a friendly no pressure conversation about what you should be doing and what option is best for you.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to reach out. If you are a current, past client or new client and not sure if you should be making the risk, please call us and we can help you weigh your options. Give us a call at (512) 730-0231.