Looking for ways to get moving, be social, and explore Austin with other like-minded people 50+? Look no further! Here are fun, active, and social events happening around Austin in December 2022.
Keep Austin Active – Reoccurring December Events Calendar
*To see all these Keep Austin Active Facebook group events and more (as well as RSVP), follow this link:
Natural Fit Therapy Events
“Floor Confidence” & “Falls Training” Programs (2-for-1 Special)
Designed to give adults of any age the strength and confidence to get on and off the floor with ease, and teach them how to fall without getting injured.
Through October, join either of Natural Fit Therapy’s 6-week programs with a friend and split the cost ($175 per session for 6 sessions).
Make sure to mention this blog post to activate the offer.
Spots are limited.
Call us to check for availability: 512-730-0231
Need Help Getting Moving Again?
We Can Help.
We realize some people may be unsure which of our services are right for them. Wondering if we can help with your specific problem? Click on the button above.
We understand some people want to find out more about the cost & availability of our services before scheduling. If that’s you, click on the button above.
Austin & Surrounded community December events you don’t have to miss:
- Barton Springs Run, Walk, & Hike Group (Free) – December 3
- Virtual Low Impact Workout (Free) – December 6
- The 58th annual Austin Trail of Lights will return to the city’s iconic Zilker Park December 8-23! (Free)
- How to Overcome Stress and Perform at Your BEST (Free / in Zoom) – December 10
- Make & Take Therapeutic Holiday Gifts with doTERRA Essential Oils Workshop (Free) – December 10
- Bruce Munro’s Field of Light at the Wildflower Center – till December 31!
- Joy of Breathing technique, practice a deep Pranayama session and enjoy the benefits (Free) – From Dec 7 – Dec 28, every Wednesday;
- Cedar Park Market Days (Free) – December 17
- THE NUTCRACKER Ballet with Austin Symphony Orchestra – Dec 3 – 23
- Blue Genie Art Bazaar – Nov 18 – Dec 24
1.Barton Springs Run, Walk, & Hike Group (Free)
Date and time: December 6, Sat, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM CST
Run, walk, or hike with us the 1st Saturday of the month and then enjoy free breakfast!
Barton Springs Run, Walk, & Hike Group is open to all. Run, walk, or hike the Barton Springs Trails with veterans, service members, and civilians.
WHO: Runners, walkers, and hikers of all levels
Location – 8:00 am – Run/Walk/Hike @ Zilker Hillside Theater, 2206 William Barton, Drive, Austin, TX 78746
Location – 10:00 am – Free Breakfast @ American Legion Travis Post 76, 404 Atlanta Street, Austin, TX 78703 COST: FREE
More info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barton-springs-run-walk-hike-group-tickets-203816238857?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
2. Virtual Low Impact Workout (Free) – December 6
Date and time: December 06, Tue, from 7:00am to 8:00am (CDT)
This low impact class involves a series of exercises using your own body weight for resistance. It will focus on recovering range of motion, toning, and will strengthen your legs, core and back, while improving your posture and flexibility. This is a great option for older adults or individuals with limited mobility. Please reference our user guide on how to sign up, RSVP, and enter classes.
Location: Virtual ! but you need to register at first. follow the link below:
More info: https://strongeraustin.org/activity/virtual-low-impact-workout-12-6-2022/
3. The 58th annual Austin Trail of Lights will return to the city’s iconic Zilker Park (Free)
Date: December 8-23, 2022!
Location: Zilker Park: 2100 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, TX 78704
More info: https://austintrailoflights.org/the-event
4.How to Overcome Stress and Perform at Your BEST (Free / in Zoom)
Learn this powerful 3-step process to overcome stress and anxiety, perform at your best, and begin living the life you’re called to live!
5.Make & Take Therapeutic Holiday Gifts with doTERRA Essential Oils Workshop (Free)
Location:Private Residence North Braker and Lamar Area Austin, TX 78758
6. Bruce Munro’s Field of Light at the Wildflower Center
Illuminating 16 acres in the Texas Arboretum at the Wildflower Center, Field of Light is a stunning display of 28,000 vibrant solar-powered, fiber-optic light pods that showcase the intersection of art, technology, and nature. The installation unites with the outdoors, celebrating the natural topography of the landscape and creating an immersive and emotional experience for guests. The exhibit runs September through December 2022. Get social media updates on Instagram and Facebook.
Tickets and More Info: https://www.wildflower.org/field-of-light
Location: 4801 La Crosse Ave. Austin, TX 78739
7. Pranayama • Free Weekly Class • Pflugerville – Zoom
Joy Of Breathing Free Online Class
Experience the powerful benefits of the Joy of Breathing transformational breathwork. The breathing technique works to quickly and effectively allow you to access a deeper, more conscious connection with the body, mind, heart and spirit.
What To Expect
- Learn the Joy of Breathing technique
- Practice deep breathwork
- Experience a profound relaxation
- Questions, answers & sharing
- Enjoy the benefits
- Connect on Zoom 10 minutes prior to class start time and silence cell phones
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Refrain from eating 1.5 to 2 hours before practice
- Yoga mat and a blanket might help you feel comfortable
8.Cedar Park Market Days
Join us March 19th for the 1st ever Cedar Park Market Days. This is a free event featuring over 50 artisans, crafters and food vendors.
Cedar Park Market Days runs every third weekend from 9AM – 4PM for a one of a kind shopping experience featuring hard to find goods from local artisans, specialty food vendors and crafters.
Location: 11066 Pecan Park Blvd, Cedar Park, TX in the Lakeline Mall area behind Pluckers.
9. THE NUTCRACKER Ballet with Austin Symphony Orchestra
From the scrumptious sets and costumes to the colorful characters you adore, Ballet Austin’s annual production of THE NUTCRACKER is Austin’s favorite holiday tradition! Hundreds of dancers perform Stephen Mills’ enchanting choreography to Pyotr Tchaikovsky’s magical score with live accompaniment from Austin Symphony Orchestra. Share this sweet treat with your favorite people and celebrate the season with Ballet Austin.
Location: At Long Center
10. Blue Genie Art Bazaar
Nov 18 – Dec 24
Looking for a holiday gift Ideas? check this out!
Storefront re-opens November 18 – December 24, 2022
Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. (Dec. 24, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
Location: 6100 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX 78752
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Capacity: Shoppers are allowed inside on a first-come, first-served basis. However, you may have a brief wait if the store is already at capacity.
- Masks: Wearing a mask is optional while indoors. Disposable masks are available at the entrance.
- Parking & Public Transit: Free parking is available in the lot (enter from Dillard Circle) and along Dillard Circle. Bike parking is also available on site.
The Bazaar is also accessible via CapMetro bus and MetroRail, visit capmetro.org for routes and schedules.
- Accessibility: ADA designated parking is available in the lot. The building is wheelchair accessible.
- Animals: Service animals, required by a customer due a disability, are allowed inside the Bazaar. Please leave all other pets at home.
You can also Shop hundreds of items online at bluegenieartbazaar.shop
More info: https://bluegenieartbazaar.com/