Shoulder Pain Relief
Are You Suffering From Irritating Shoulder Pain?
Have You Tried Everything To Fix It, But Feel Let Down?
Don't suffer any longer!
If you have shoulder pain, including possible rotator cuff issues - it's very tempting to think that it's nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just "moved my arm awkwardly", or that it's just "a little catch" or a bit of shoulder tightness that everyone goes through from time to time...
Sometimes, there's no obvious reason why it happened, but it doesn't seem to be going away.
Other times, you may have an old shoulder injury that just never healed quite right.
If that's happening to you, you're not alone.
We hear this type of thing all the time!
And when it comes to shoulder pain, everyone we see wants to know:
What’s Going On With My Shoulder?
Why Am I Still Suffering With Shoulder Pain
After Putting Up With It For So Long?
Because you have likely had many non-serious injuries in the past that have gone away on their own, you probably thought this time would be no different.
But the fact that you’re reading this says that this time there IS something different. Unfortunately, the pain has stuck around and may even be worse than when it started.
Does This Sound Like You?
we see all the time in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to their doctor, their doctor tells them to rest... ”try these painkillers”... and then sends them off for an MRI.
This is rarely ever the best advice and 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the doctor again because it hasn't gotten any better.
To make things worse, they’re told they have some scary findings on their MRI – like a rotator cuff tear, inflammation, tendonitis, or “bone spurs” - which may actually be NORMAL findings for someone their age (*that was probably there well before pain even started).
The truth is, research shows that MRI’s CAN’T tell WHY your shoulder pain is happening.
Worse, patients are often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest or an injection as their only options.
This is madness and explains why so many people are continuing to suffer from chronic shoulder pain.
Free Neck Pain Relief E-Book
Has This Type of Thing
Happened to You?
Well, it's easy to get confused because you've been told different things by different people. There are a lot of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your shoulder pain was caused by doing something - like moving your arm wrong or sleeping awkwardly on your shoulder. Most of the time, when shoulder pain comes on without a specific reason (no accidents or trauma) - it was likely caused by years and years of accumulated poor posture and poor mechanics that caused the muscles in your shoulder to become weak. Now the compound effect of the awkward sleeping and moving your arm was just the TIPPING POINT of exposing your shoulder issues.
If you don't know what you're doing - shoulder pain can be very confusing. And because of this, many people just end up accepting it as "part of life" - as if it's normal, and "just the way it is now” and think the only option is surgery. (Spoiler alert: It’s not.)
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently
Living With Shoulder Pain
Or A Rotator Cuff Concern:
Here are 7 More Reasons Why It's Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on it’s own -but it didn’t
- You went to your doctor who told you to take pain pills or try an injection - but the pills did nothing and the pain came right back when the injection wore off
- You had a previous episode that went away eventually, and you thought this one would just do the same - except it hasn’t
- You tried other healthcare professionals, another physical therapist, or a chiropractor in the past, but nothing seemed to help
- You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your shoulder pain 10X worse
- You thought it would be a good idea to just rest because your shoulder pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
- You decided to get a few massages, thinking that would soothe and fix the pain. But all that did was make it feel nice and relaxed but did nothing to fix it long term
If any of those have happened to you, we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk to one of our physical therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you've tried any or all of these things is a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn't work, you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best possible outcome.
What Can I Do To
Get Rid Of My Neck Pain Quickly?
- First Off, You Need to Start by Making a Decision About Getting Help - The wait IS what causes most people to fall into the longer lasting shoulder aches and pain. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that their shoulder pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
- Do The Right Exercises - One of the best things to help you ease your shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises carefully selected and given to you by a specialist physical therapist. The correct exercises will help you reduce pain and allow you to move more freely again quickly - while making sure that the problem doesn't come back anytime soon (or aggravate your shoulder even more like some exercises do).
- Avoid The Idea of Resting Your Shoulder - Ever woken up with your shouldering feeling stiff and you could barely move? Or, after a long day spent sitting, felt tightness in your upper shoulders and back of neck? That's because one of the worst things you can do that adds to shoulder pain is rest and not moving your arm. Your shoulder doesn’t get a good blood flow to the joint and it causes more stiffness, aches and pains. The problem is you don’t know how to move it correctly to get LESS PAIN. It would really help if you were given the appropriate strengthening exercises, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get Real, Customized Physical Therapy Treatment – Physio or Physical therapy is proven to help people with shoulder pain. In fact, shoulder pain and rotator cuff injuries are one of the most common injuries we see at Natural Fit Therapy. If your shoulder pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your time with your kids or grandkids, or stops you from going to the gym, or hiking - physical therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you are interested in knowing how the Physical Therapy Team at Natural Fit Therapy (located in North Austin) can help you live with less shoulder pain, we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This free discovery visit is something we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them and want to make sure we are a good fit before any commitments are made. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist At Natural Fit Therapy Help You
Get Rid Of Your Shoulder Pain & Stiffness - In The Next Few Days?
- We can help you reduce the pain you're experiencing - often within a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out why you're still struggling with shoulder pain with our hands on skills, and why your previous treatments failed to address the real issue
- We can find and address the ROOT CAUSE - so this pain or injury goes away and stays away!
- We can help you finally get a good night's sleep - which is so hard to get when you are having shoulder pain
- We can help you be able to play golf, go to the gym, get back on the mat to enjoy yoga again, and hike without worry and get back to your active lifestyle.
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you stay out of the doctor's office
- We can help you get off medications, not have to get that injection, and never have to consider surgery
Basically, the team at Natural Fit Therapy can help you get back to living a life free from daily, annoying chronic shoulder pain and rotator cuff injuries.
If you want to know what it costs, and what availability we have at our physical therapy clinic in North Austin, we invite you to inquire below by clicking the button and filling out the short form:
“I was fortunate enough to come in contact with Natural Fit Therapy, and talk to them about my problems, and what I needed to do. We started a physical therapy regimen which helped me to move from the wheelchair to the walker, and then to the cane, and then eventually I was able to walk without any assistance.”
Jerry & Loretta (80's)
“The PTs...found that my shoulder was not working properly... I had gotten to where I just didn't use it a whole lot because of a previous injury... It's much better... I have much more motion in it. Really feeling better.”
“I wanted to be taller again. I wanted to be my height again, and I wanted to get out of bed without a backache, and I wanted to just get out of bed without help. Now I just swing my feet off the bed, pop right up, and my back is so much better.”